Create Your Docks Fund
Do you have an idea for a community activity you want to make a reality?
The Royal Docks ‘Create Your Docks’ Fund will support local community partners to deliver arts, health and wellbeing, skills and employment and creative placemaking activity. As part of the Royal Docks Communities Strategy, it aims to enable community groups to take an active role in the area's regeneration.
Royal Docks communities already do so much to make their neighbourhoods vibrant and inclusive places. We are excited to partner with communities as they channel their creativity into making their priorities a reality amid the big changes taking place locally.
Application deadline: 12pm Monday, 13th September 2021
Who can apply?
Community groups and not for profit organisations with a turnover of less than £50,000 and who are based in the Royal Docks or Newham can apply.
Which projects will be funded?
Projects should address at least one of the following themes which support the Royal Docks Delivery Programme:
- Place - Improving and activating public spaces and use of the water for all
- Connectivity - Improving local mobility and connections in accessible, inclusive and sustainable ways
- Economy - Creating economic opportunities for local people through skills, employment and supporting entrepreneurs
- Culture - Building a vibrant local scene for community arts, heritage, culture and creativity
- Identity - Celebrating and showcasing the Royal Docks’ diverse communities through their stories.
What grant funding is available?
There are two types of grants available. Approximately fifteen projects will be funded in total.
Small grants: Engagement fund (£1,000 to £5,000)
We will fund projects that create ways for people to get involved with our Programme that:
- Bring diverse community groups together and support integration
- Showcase ideas from under-represented groups
- Remove barriers to engagement
- Increase volunteering and skills development opportunities
- Promote young peoples’ participation.
Medium grants: Co-design fund (£5,001 to £10,000)
We will fund projects that enable communities to co-design initiatives and address one of the following themes:
- Active travel including cycling and walking
- Community use of Meanwhile venues and spaces
- Community sustainability and ecology initiatives
- Connecting local people with skills and employment opportunities
- Arts and culture activity focusing on inclusion and diversity, or health and wellbeing
- Young people telling their stories about the Royal Docks
What support is available?
Groundwork are managing the applications on behalf of the Royal Docks Team and can provide advice throughout the application and project delivery stages.
Get in touch, for example, to discuss your project idea or if you are looking for partners to apply with, or if you’re after advice on marketing or monitoring your project.
Access Support is available to develop and submit your application, where you or your project participants have additional needs, including if you are co-creating with young people.
Application Support Workshop
If you missed this workshop and want additional guidance on how to respond to the key questions on the application you can find the full video recording on this link and download the presentation slides here.
Contact: Ma'Ayan Cohen at Groundwork for an informal chat on 020 7239 1390 or email CreateYourDocks@groundwork.org.uk
Application deadline: 12pm Monday, 13th September 2021.
Good luck. We can’t wait to see your ideas come to life!