Workspace and business accommodation available around the Royal Docks
The Royal Docks has a variety of business premises and workspace available to lease. There are also several new developments which will include new business accommodation. These premises are managed and owned by third parties so we don’t take decisions on lettings or rent levels. Some of the developments are built on land owned by the Greater London Authority. Details of all these schemes are below. This information is reviewed frequently but availability will vary.
Current workspace and business accommodation
- RAD, Beckton Park – the first phase of this multi-phase business district is now complete and office space is available.
- Expressway, Royal Victoria – this recently refurbished business centre is located at the western end of Royal Victoria Dock
- Caxton Works, Canning Town – these new build units have been recently completed and are available on reduced rents for an initial period.
- Silver Building, Royal Victoria – this refurbished building is a meanwhile use on a major development site and offers affordable, creative workspace.
- Pump House, Royal Victoria – this new building sits next to the DLR and is available to acquire.
- Royal Albert Wharf, Gallions Reach – this ground floor commercial space is in an exciting new mixed-use development.
- Royal Wharf, Silvertown – within this new community of over 3,000 homes, there are a number of commercial and retail spaces.
- Knowledge Dock, UEL – the University has a special business incubator for new businesses and ventures.
Future workspace projects
- Silvertown Quays, Royal Victoria Dock – a major, mixed use redevelopment across several phases including a variety of non-residential space. Construction is due to start in 2021.
- Albert Island, Gallions Reach – a major new employment site in the eastern Royal Docks and will include a new boatyard, logistics space and light industrial business units. Construction is due to start in 2021.
- Thameside West, Royal Victoria – a significant new development at the western end of the Royal Docks, it will include 5,000 new homes as well as new business units. Some of the business space will be in phase one. Construction is due to start in 2021.
- Brunel Street Works, Canning Town – currently under construction, this mixed-use project will include a range of ground-floor commercial and business space. Phased completions due from 2021 onwards.
- Fly-under, Royal Victoria – this space under Silvertown Way fly-under is being prepared for refurbishment into business space. Planning consent has been granted (reference 18/03657/OUT).
If you own property in the Royal Docks and wish to have your information here, please get in touch.
Stories from around the docks
Royal Docks businesses sign up to the Community Wealth Building Pledge for a fairer Newham
Tate & Lyle Sugars and Expressway have taken the lead in community wealth building, committing to the borough’s bold new pledge for inclusive growth.
Royal Docks draws a diverse office crowd with its unique workspaces
Cool creatives rub shoulders with up-and-coming technology and established manufacturing in the Royal Docks. Here, there’s a workspace for everyone to come and be inspired.
Watch: Royal Docks Team ‘On Location’ conferences, delivered in collaboration with New London Architecture
On 3 November the Royal Docks Team held the first of two ‘On Location’ conferences, delivered in collaboration with our partners at the NLA. With an online audience of approximately 400 attendees across the two sessions, this was an informative and engaging programme of presentations and discussions.