Public Realm Update
Over the past few months, we have been working with our partners to make some much needed improvements to public spaces in and around the Royal Docks. These improvements form part of a long-term strategy to ensure the Royal Docks is an accessible, welcoming and safe space for people who live and work in the area and has been informed by detailed consultation with local people.
Some recent examples include a new and improved footpath along the northern edge of Royal Albert Dock, connecting the full northern edge of Royal Victoria and Royal Albert Dock for the first time in many years, as well as improvements to the lighting and landscaping around Crystal Gardens.
However, it doesn’t end there. There are a number of different sites across the Royal Docks which we will be enhancing over the coming months.
- Crystal Gardens: expected completion of landscaping, August 2020
- Millennium Mills site: utility works and maintenance of Silo D (expected works duration, months)
- Thames Barrier Park café: fit-out of the park café building (expected works duration, 2 months)
- Lawns south-east of Royal Albert DLR station: re-landscaping and utility works expected works duration, 4 months)
- Vacant land west of University of London: re-landscaping and utility works expected works duration, 5 months)
- Dock Edge Access: unobstructed access along the northern dock edge from the Crystal building down to the eastern end of the docks (although at present the Nightingale Hospital has closed some areas). Gates between the UTC and Building 1000 will be open from 7am to 6:30pm daily throughout September
NOTICE OF UNDERPASS CLOSURE AT CRYSTAL BUILDING, ROYAL DOCKS, LONDON, E16 2QT
Please be aware that the underpass will be closed for essential works to vehicles from Wednesday 2nd September 2020 to Sunday 6th September (inclusive) and to pedestrians from Wednesday 2nd September to Friday 4th September (inclusive).
For all business deliveries to the drop down bollard area on Siemens Brothers Way adjacent to the Crystal Building, please arrange vans and trucks to park near the drop-down bollards, and then transport any goods on a trolley/pump truck on the pavement outside the front of the Crystal.
Start and finish dates for the above programme of works will be confirmed shortly, so please check back for more information.
We are hugely grateful to those of you who have already responded to our consultations so far to help shape the future of the Royal Docks. If you would like further detail on the Public Realm Works Programme, or if you would like to be a part of future consultations, then please contact the Royal Docks Team on email@example.com.