Grab the sunscreen and pull up a deck-chair...the Royal Docks beach is back!
The popular stretch of golden sandy beach returns this summer to the Royal Docks with new attractions and a bumper packed programme. Tonnes of sand will once again transform the Royal Victoria Dock into an urban beach, against the backdrop of the spectacular landscape of the Royal Docks and the Emirates Air Line gliding above you.
The beach is FREE to enter so whether its cooling off in the alfresco pool at the Dock edge, building a sandcastle with the family or simply kicking back and relaxing on the floating sun deck – Dock Beach has it all. By evening Dock Beach can be experienced as a chilled-out, urban lounge, where you can unwind with a movie, listen to some live music or grab some street food and a cocktail.
The new Dock Beach attractions this year include:
- Dock Pool - The twenty-two metre long alfresco pool built on the Dock edge is the perfect place take a dip and cool off.
- The Sun Deck - Enclosing the lido, the floating sun deck is the place to relax, sunbathe and soak up the unique views of the Royal Docks.
- Paddling pool - While adults can enjoy the sun from the deck, children will love splashing around in the new paddling pool.
- Street Food - From ice cream to barbeque, visitors can enjoy delicious food from street food vendors, as well as drinks and snacks from the snack shack.
- Film Screenings - A big screen will be showing family favourites with day screenings for parents and little ones, as well as classic films in the evening for all to enjoy. All from the comfort of a deckchair
- Music Evenings - Enjoy summer chill-out tunes courtesy of Busk in London on evenings throughout August. Food and drink (including alcohol) provided by the street food vendors. Fridays 10, 17, 24, 26, 31 August 2018, 6pm until 9pm
Join us every Saturday in August for outdoor screenings of timeless family favourites and Hollywood blockbuster classics.
Relive the emotions of Steven Spielberg's epic ET, singalong to Disney's Moana and lose yourself in the fantasy world of cult classic Labyrinth.
Film screenings are first come first served. No booking required.
Saturday 4 August
11:30 – Moana (PG)
18:30 – Labyrinth (U)
Saturday 11 August
11:30 – Peter Rabbit (PG)
18:30 – Black Panther (12A)
Saturday 18 August
11:30 - Coco (PG)
18:30 – ET (PG)
Saturday 25 August
11:30 – Paddington 2 (PG)
18:30 – The Greatest Showman (PG)
For any enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We've partnered with Busk in London to ensure that summer evenings at Dock Beach will be soundtracked by some of London's finest musicians.
Performances will take place between 6 - 9pm.
Busk in London, supported by the Mayor of London, works with performers and landowners to support and champion busking. Busking is a vital part of London’s cultural life and forms an important part of many artists’ careers.
Busk in London run International Busking Day, provide performance opportunities, offer practical skill and industry knowledge development through its Academy programme and runs Gigs, the Mayor of London’s annual busking competition.