Grab the sunscreen and pull up a deck-chair...the Royal Docks beach is back!
The popular stretch of golden sandy beach returns this summer to the Royal Docks with new attractions and a fun programme. Tonnes of sand will once again transform the Royal Victoria Dock into an urban beach, against the backdrop of the spectacular landscape of the Royal Docks and the Emirates Air Line gliding above you.
The beach is FREE to enter so whether its cooling off in the alfresco pool at the Dock edge, building a sandcastle with the family or simply kicking back and relaxing on the floating sun deck – Dock Beach has something for everyone.
The new attractions this year include:
- Dock Pool - The twenty-two metre long alfresco pool built on the dock edge is the perfect place take a dip and cool off. Please note that under 12's aren't permitted in Dock Pool
- The Sun Deck - Enclosing the lido, the floating sun deck is the place to relax, sunbathe and soak up the unique views of the Royal Docks.
- Paddling pool - While adults can enjoy the sun from the deck, children will love splashing around in the new paddling pool.
- Street Food - From ice cream to barbeque, visitors can enjoy delicious food from street food vendors, as well as drinks and snacks from the daily Snack Shack. Street food stalls and the bar are only open Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Film Screenings - A big screen will be showing family favourites with day screenings for parents and little ones, as well as classic films in the evening for all to enjoy. All from the comfort of a deckchair. Saturdays 4, 11, 18, 25 August 2018, 11:30am and 6:30pm
- Music Evenings - Enjoy relaxed summer chill-out tunes courtesy of Busk in London on evenings throughout August. Food and drink (including alcohol) provided by the street food vendors. Fridays 3, 10, 17, 24 August 2018, 6pm until 9pm
Have a question about Dock Beach? See our Frequently Asked Questions.
FILM SCREENINGS AND CHILDREN'S WORKSHOPS
Join us every Saturday in August for free outdoor screenings of timeless family favourites and Hollywood blockbuster classics.
Relive the emotions of Steven Spielberg's epic ET, singalong to Disney's Moana and lose yourself in the fantasy world of cult classic Labyrinth.
Film screenings and workshops are first come first served. No booking required.
Saturday 25 August
10:00 - Paddington Workshop
Paddington needs your help! He is about to face his biggest challenge yet and needs a team of adventurers to help him on his quest - can you solve the clues and become a fully qualified Docks Adventurer?
Join Emergency Exit Arts' Expert Dock Explorers from 10am for your very own quest! All activities are FREE!
11:30 – Paddington 2 (PG)
18:30 – The Greatest Showman (PG)
For any enquiries please contact email@example.com
We've partnered with Busk in London to ensure that summer evenings at Dock Beach will be soundtracked by some of London's finest musicians.
Performances will take place between 6 - 9pm.
Busk in London, supported by the Mayor of London, works with performers and landowners to support and champion busking. Busking is a vital part of London’s cultural life and forms an important part of many artists’ careers.
Busk in London run International Busking Day, provide performance opportunities, offer practical skill and industry knowledge development through its Academy programme and runs Gigs, the Mayor of London’s annual busking competition.
SUMMER POP-UP PROGRAMME
Throughout August we will be running a programme of pop-up classes and taster sessions, including yoga, bee-keeping, face painting and more. These will be FREE and mostly turn-up and drop-in sessions, however some may require booking in advance.
Forest Gate Community Yoga will be providing classes that are open to all levels, based on key yoga postures designed to develop strength, flexibility and a union of the mind, body and breath. Expect sun-salutations to warm up the muscles and lubricate the joints, and a relaxing finish to harness that zen like peace to carry with you into the rest of your day.
Every Sunday morning 10:30 - 11:30 on the following dates:
There are 25 places per session, allocated on a first come first serve basis.